At Long Island Implant and Cosmetic Dentistry, we can offer you fast relief from most dental emergencies in our Huntington, New York office.
When you experience a dental emergency, you may not be sure where to turn. It is important that you receive immediate care from a dentist you can trust. In addition to the pain that you may be suffering, an untreated dental emergency can lead to further negative consequences in terms of the health of your teeth, mouth, and gums and even, in some cases, to complications or infections in other parts of your body. Prompt emergency dental services, on the other hand, can ease the pain that you are experiencing now and forestall any other problems resulting from untreated dental issues.
Emergency Dentist Suffolk County, Long Island
Dr. Elliot and Dr. Nick are Suffolk County emergency dentists who offer the best in technical expertise and state of the art equipment to make sure your urgent dental care doesn’t turn into something bigger than it has to be. But we also know that you are probably nervous about treatment and we take all available steps to assuage your fears, from answering questions during an initial phone consultation or at any time during a procedure.
Dr. Elliot, Dr. Nick, and the entire staff of Long Island Implant and Cosmetic Dentistry are pleased to restore the residents of Suffolk County to a state of health and well-being where their oral health is concerned. Drs. Nick and Elliot are award-winning professionals, recognized as leading dentists in Long Island, and members of all dental health organizations of note. We offer a “one stop shop” for any and all dental procedures, including (but not limited) to emergency dentist care.
When do I have a dental emergency?
- Chipped or cracked tooth
- Knocked out tooth
- Partially dislodged tooth
- Lost crown
- Lost filling
- Broken braces or other dental appliances
- Facial swelling
- Bleeding after a dental procedure
- Soft tissue injury
- Objects stuck in the mouth
You should contact Dr. Elliot and Dr. Nick as soon as you can to avoid permanent damage or further complications.
What to do in a dental emergency
When a dental emergency happens, time is of the essence.
While you wait to be seen, keep in mind these important tips:
- For toothaches or chipped/broken teeth, gently rinse the mouth with warm water
- Save all teeth or teeth fragments that are knocked out or chipped
- Attempt to put any knocked out teeth back without forcing (if this is not possible, save the tooth in a container of milk or water with a pinch of salt)
- Apply a cold compress to the outside of the mouth to bring down swelling
- Floss gently to remove objects stuck in the teeth
- Do not apply an aspirin to the gums to relieve toothache
- Do not use metal objects to remove objects stuck in teeth
Remember, however, that the first and most important thing you need to do is to contact an emergency dentist to be seen as soon as possible! Our personnel can also provide instructions over the phone, addressing what to do until Dr. Elliot and Dr. Nick can see you.
Emergency dental procedures are affordable
If you are concerned about the cost of treating a dental emergency with us, don’t be. Our services are affordable and we can offer payment plans tailored to your financial needs. The cost of emergency dental work can vary depending on the treatment or procedures needed; however, we are happy to discuss this prior to your visit.
Although expense may be one of your worries prior to a dental visit for emergency treatment, it is important to remember that waiting to treat a dental emergency can mean more extensive, painful, or cost-intensive conditions to treat later.
Long Island emergency dentists
Dr. Nick and Dr. Elliot offer any dental emergency services that you may need, from the relatively straightforward to the more complex.
- Emergency fillings, root canals, and other procedures necessary to treat toothache
- Replacement or repair of lost or broken teeth
- Replacement of lost crowns or fillings
- Treatment of abscesses, bleeding, or injuries
- Emergency cleanings
To learn more about emergency dental work at our Long Island, please contact us today. For a same day appointment during normal business hours, please call us at 631-423-6563 (or follow the instructions on our voice mail system for the fastest after-hours results).